Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines day .. humbug..

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.” - Neil Gaimen. 


One of my favorite quotes from the talented Neil Gaimen. I thought it fit the day. Today of course is Valentines day and I'm feeling particularly Emo.. lol. I like to compare Valentines day to Christmas... not my favorite holidays! lol. Actually it was not that bad of a day at all thanks to certain people... Oh!... and look what I found...

 So happy Valentines day... Have a heart... I'd say it was mine to give but I actually cut it out of some poor unsuspecting lad ;) lol. 



Went out for a quick dinner and then bought a copy of Breaking Dawn Part 1 today. I might take the evening off working on the house to go sit on my ass with a mug of Hot Chocolate and actually relax. It's been a few weeks since I've actually sat down to watch a movie. 


.. and if nothing else.. Just remember it's only 260 days till next Halloween.. lol 

Hugs! 

Melly

1 comment:

Scratching at the Window said...

Only 260 days left? Yippy, it's on its way!!! Yeah, Valentine's is not a favorite, but I appreciate the offer of your heart! Yum!