Thursday, April 14, 2011

April snow brings May snow... lol

Yes, we are amidst another snow storm.. I brought my camera today but of course left the memory card in my computer at home so you will have to wait for photos.


Wow, where the heck has April gone? I can't believe it's half way through already! Things have been very busy here as I'm sure you could tell from the lack of posting. I have been working on a brand new Melbears website which I hope will be ready to make a debut soon. I knew it would be a ton of work but I think it will be worth it. So far I'm happy with it and I've made it very easy to update.

Other than that I've been slowly planning for my fall show. Fall, yes.. lol. I save up bears and critters all year for my October show and I hope this year to have 30 new pieces ready. I am also doing the Halloween Studio tour to Benefit the Bat Conservatory. If you've been wanting one of my large Pandas this will be the time to get one. I only make one or two a year as they are so much work. This guy is going to be very special!

I've been a busy little shopper lately and I have 4 new yards of mohair on route. I can't wait to get it! Plus I did an eye order for albino glass eyes! Eeek! I'm excited about them. I have this idea in my head and now I can't wait to make it.... but I need those eyes! Took me awhile to find them and now that I've ordered them I can't wait for them to arrive! cool eh?? :-D



I hope everyone is having a warm, snow free week! 
Hugs,
Melanie

3 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Snow? Good grief, Charlie Brown. I won't tell you that I have windows opened and it's a beautiful spring day. Wouldn't dream of mentioning that. Giggle.

Can't wait to see those eyes in a critter.

Please post pictures of the snow.

Hugs

Melanie Clark said...

Yep Snow! And loads of it. I can try to take a couple with my phone.

It had been fairly nice out the past while...this though has really put people in a bad mood. It's been a long cold winter.

Glad to hear you are at least getting some nice weather! I can't wait till I can have the windows open!
Hugs,
Melanie

Katy Cameron said...

Okay, now I'm really curious to see what's going to happen with those eyes!

As for the snow, it is the praries dear ;o) (I've lived in Saskatchewan, been there, done that, got that t-shirt!)