Monday, March 14, 2011

Very sad day.

I lost my dog Spooky today. He was 15 years old and I had him for 12 years of his life. I don't know the trials he went through before I saved him.. but I know it was not good. It took many years to gain his trust and abolish his fears. I love him more than words can say. Today his old body gave up on him and he could no longer walk. I tried and tried to get him up and walking but his body would not let him. My heart broke as I let him go. I sit here crying, missing my friend who has always been there for me. Not knowing how I will face the days coming without his smiling face, happy barks and wagging tail. He was so full of happiness and life. In my world of crap he made each day a little better, a reason to get up and face the day ahead. 
I will always love you my old friend and there will always be a huge hole in my heart that only belongs to you. 
Love always

10 comments:

KRISTINA said...

I'm sending you huge hugs!!!
You gave him a wonderful life and in return he gave you unconditonal love...and that's what it is ALL about! You were both pleased to have each other!
Hugs

The Bear's Blog said...

Melanie,

I am so sorry. Yes, it hurts so bad. But try to remember all the fun the two of you had together. You rescued Spooky and gave him a wonderful life - a life that all pets deserve.

Please know that I am here and if you need to talk I am just a mouse click away.

Please know, also, that it isn't over, Spooky has crossed the Rainbow Bridge,is happy, healthy and young again and will be there when you enter Heaven. What a reunion that will be.

Big hugs,
Joyce

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

I'm SO sorry, Melanie. I know the pain is overwhelming right now. Know that many people are holding you in their hearts.

((((HUGS))))
Cheryl

Melanie Clark said...

Thank you guys so much. It really hurts and his cat friend does not understand where his buddy is. I've been giving him extra hugs. I hope it helps.

malu2 said...

Me gustan mucho tus trabajos,ya tienes una seguidora más,te invito a visitarme.Besos.

Leny said...

Thinking about you,I know it hurts bad,I lost my dog too a while ago,he was te love of my life,I have two new dogs now and they really helped to bear the pain .But he always is in my heart and stays there forever.

Big hugs,Leny

Melanie Clark said...

Thanks Leny. <3
I'm having a rough time.. but trying my best. It's like I'm missing something all the time. I keep going to take him out or take him for a walk... or share something I'm eating that I know he would like. :(
Glad your new dogs are helping ease the pain. I don't know if I'll be up to getting another dog. In time maybe.
Huge hugs,
Melanie

Leny said...

Me again,

I know what you mean..my husband bought me a new puppy after a while,he good not see me cry all the time,first I found it hard ,I felt guilty,but after a few days seeing that funny little puppy my heart melted and I understood that my love for my old dog would never go away and that this new little creature could help me endure the lost of my dear,dear friend.In my heart he is still with me,always.

Big hugs,Leny

Sarah said...

So very sorry. I didn't know it was such a short time ago when I left my comment on your most recent post.

We've lost 5 cats in 3 years to age and illness. I know how much it hurts.

You gave him a fantastic life, always remember that.

Warmest hugs, Sarah x

Melanie Clark said...

Thanks Sarah and Leny,
I am still finding myself going to take him for a walk. I really miss him. I know he had a good life and there was nothing you can do to stop old age.. but do I ever miss him. :(

Hugs,
Melanie