Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacation?

So things have been even more unusually busy here... which I think is a good thing.. lol. Got my latest issue of Teddy bear Review magazine and was delighted to see my bears, some of my ramblings.... AND a photo of ME.. lol! Make sure you pic up a copy. It's a delightful article featuring Canadian artists. Yay!


In other news I spent a few days on a road trip to the 100th anniversary of North View farm and the 50th anniversary of Brads grandparents. It was quite a shindig and there were SO many people there. It was a bit overwhelming for me but I still had fun and Brad humored me by taking my photo at all the "roadside attractions" we found on our journey up to the farm.


Cows at the farm.. Moooo!


The Big Mallard duck in Andrew



The big Sausage in Mundare


Me taking a break from being back seat driver.


Horse drawn wagon at the farm.. I went for a ride and it was so much fun!


The UFO landing pad in St. Paul. The aliens did not come to pic me up.. lol.


Giant Perogy in Glendon.



Also during this "vacation" we finally got the roof done on the house. It's been a struggle to get it done but the awesome crew at Lakeside roofing came in at 8am and the WHOLE thing was done and totally cleaned up by 5pm. Amazing work and I could not be more pleased... now on to the next thing, blah! lol. Never seems to end but the house is really starting to look amazing.


I DO have a new Dragon and a Kitty to post for adoption but I'm not sure if I will get time to do that this weekend yet. Have people here helping with the house and I could really use a break myself. Oh well, just 365 days till the next Vacation.. lol.

Hugs!!
Melanie

No comments: