Monday, January 5, 2009

I did not fall off the earth, I swear! Eeek!

Hi all,
Well, I had a bit of a "holiday".. meaning I still had to go in to work.. but still managed to squeak a few days off over the last week. It was very nice to have a few days to myself and relax, AND sew! An icky stomach virus has been making the rounds in my work and family.. so far I have managed to not get it. Hoooray! People have been so sick, it's scary. *XX that is me crossing my fingers I don't get it.

Santa was good to me Bringing a GPS, a gorgeous Bracelet, a hoodie with puppy ears (sooo cute), the new wow expansion, a sweater and a pile of other goodies too... AND.. AND.. AND a Kristina Bears Elephant! Made by my beautiful and talented friend Kristina Simon. I am in love with this little Elephant.. I may just have to bribe her to make me one in pink.. heehee.. (are you reading this Kristina? MORE MORE! PINK PINK!!! ;) :D lol).

Christmas was nice and quiet. I had my brother and his g/f over for Christmas eve Fondue. That was so much fun. We watched Christmas movies and laughed. It was a great evening and I've really been needing one of those. Christmas day we went and ate dinner at my Mom and Dads. As always my Mom puts on a feast and we ate till we could not eat another bite :)
Brad and I spent the last of the New Year in pure 2008 style... Broken down on the side of the freeway with a very broken Transmission. I told Brad at least it happened before 2009 so maybe we can have a clean slate! lol.

I have been a busy little elf, with my days off I managed to finish Kristina's Christmas Prezzie, which was a newer pattern... a longer neck and larger Dragon. I hand dyed him and then did a sparkle pigment over the felt. I think he turned out pretty cute.. But Kristina seemed love him so that is all that matters :)

I also needle felted 2 itty Dragons and some other little "bear or Dollhouse buddies". I will probably post them on my Etsy shop when I can get a photo of them.. I really need to invest in some photo lighting eqt for these long winters of Darkness... If anyone has some Photo light suggestions please do let me know :) *hug*

I also have started 2 Himalayan kitties that I have just finished dyeing last night.. they are looking soooo pretty. One is a new size (BIG..lol) the other is going to be about 6.5". I am sooooo excited about them. It feels VERY good to be back into a bit of a sewing groove.


What else is new... OH I got another Chinchilla.. lol. His Mommy could not keep him anymore so asked if I could take one more... heehee. Oh, I always have room for.. "just one more" critter... well not always of course, but I could not resist another delightful Chin! :) He is a real sweetie and LOVES chin Scratchies.. heehee. I will ask Brad to take a photo of myself and "Faffy" this week. Cher has still not had her babies.. should be any day now though! I am so excited. I can't wait to meet them.
So I am back to work this week, I should have some New Years resolution... but I've never really thought I needed a new year to make a change. Looking back on 2008, it has been one of the most difficult years. I hope 2009 brings: Health, Happiness, less Challenges, less stress, more love and more time to sew... I will add one resolution, I guess, just to be status quo.. lol.. I want to try to be more organized... with work and with my projects.
So much love and many hugs. Thank you to all who read my blog and adopt my bears and minis. It means the world to me that my bears and critters have loving homes all over the world!
All my best wishes for everyone 2009!
Hugs,
Melanie

1 comment:

KRISTINA said...

MY dragon!!!! It's MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!! HAHAHAHLOLWOOHOO!!!!!

I'm okay!!!! Really I am!!!

My dragon is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Mel needs to be a good girl and make some for the show in October. I know she can do it! heehee...

A little pink elly you say...hmmmm...that might be a critter to swap at the show...how bout' another dragon HA!!!