Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cookie Round-up

Thought this year I would participate in the Great cookie recipe round-up. I've made these cookies at Christmas since I can remember. I usually double or triple the recipe..... I always seem to eat a whole batch myself.. heehee.


Thimble Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sifted flour

Wallnuts, chopped fine
Raspberry or Strawberry or Apricot jelly or jam

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cream butter; add sugar gradually and mix well. Add well-beaten egg yolks, flavouring and flour. Shape into balls about the size of a walnut. Dip into slightly beaten egg white and roll in finely chopped nuts. Dent in center with thimble or finger. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Dent again and bake 12 to 15 minutes more. Fill with a a nice sized dot of jam or jelly while still hot.






Make sure to visit the next person in the cookie round-up.





Love and Hugs,
Melanie

No comments: