Tuesday, September 2, 2008

a weekend full of everything but bears..

So I got pretty much nothing done on the long weekend. I did make a few more lamps.. but did not get even a minute to work on my bears.
I spent Friday with my Mom and doing a few work errands. It was a fun day, we shopped and had a yummy lunch. I always get excited as the Halloween things come into the stores. There are so many creepy delights! I didn't buy much, but Mom bought me a few eye shadows.. which are supposed to be for my Birthday.. heehee.

The rest of the weekend was spend ripping out walls for our bedroom and taking things to the dump and helping Brad at the lake with the deck.
Monday some of Brad's family came to see us... He has a huge extended family and just one sliver of them is more than all the people I know.. lol. We had a nice visit though. Brads Grandmother brought me the most gorgeous African Violet. I will have to take a photo of it while it's still blooming. I love plants and flowers.. and have seemed to have lost my curse of quickly killing my houseplants!

It's only 5 weeks till my show. Ack! Oh well, tonight I will try to start on some new minis. I have some great ideas for some little animals and dolls. BUT I need to finish my blue bunny.... and I really want to get at least 4 more bears done before the show. I know that is a stretch with work and everything.. but I want to have some new things made. I often wonder why I try to tackle shows. It is so hard to get everything done!

Well, I have to cut this short here, work is crazy busy.
Love and Hugs!
Melanie

No comments: