Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back from the lake and ball jointed doll love...

Friday after work I battled traffic and a hurty back to go visit Kristina. I always love going to her house because being a fellow teddy bear artist and her Mom being a miniaturist.. I never feel odd or out of place. We talk non stop about bears and minis and I know no one else who can get excited about fake miniature lettuce... well.. lol. I think you get the picture! Kristinas new bears and gosh, her Elephant.. I tried to take her home with me.. but Kristina kept noticing it gone! teeheee.
I only hope I can have half of what she has done before the Edmonton Doll show! eeek!
We did a little bit of shopping and I got some Awesome new beads for making mini lamps! I am just waiting for my new bulbs to arrive. I have used up all my bulbs! I think making little lamps is addictive. :)
Saturday morning Brad and I drove out to Sylvan lake so visit Brad's Family. They were throwing a Surprise party for Brads stepmom. It turned into a fun evening except my back was hurting quite alot... At least it's nice because they never made me feel bad about having a few naps while everyone was visiting :) My back is feeling a little better now.. but it's still not very good. I have been trying to rest it as much as possible.... but of course I had to do a bit of yard work today.. First time in a week, my poor flower bed needed weeding!
Oh, while in Red Deer we stopped in at Chapters (I wanted to see if they had any new issues of TB&F magazine) I picked up a copy of Haute Doll Magazine http://www.hautedoll.com/shop.php. I have been secretly in love with ball jointed dolls for quite some time and of course they are doing a Halloween special. I am in total love with Skiya. She is all I can think about now.. lol.


My Birthday is coming... but I don't think anyone loves me THAT much.... lol. Ah, anyway, is she not gorgeous??!!

There's still a few hours left of the evening, I am trying to decide if I should work on the Blue Bunny I have been working on.. OR work on more Halloween Miniatures. Hmm Decisions decisions! lol.
Hope you all had a good weekend!
Hugs,
Melanie

2 comments:

giveGodtheglory said...

Hi, I'm in Edmonton, and though I've kind of faded on BJDs I have a 60cm Obitsu, and a little Bobobbie Elfkin who's in payments yet. Have you ever looked at the Bobobbies? They have them at Denver Doll Emporium and some of them can be quite pretty and elegant.

Melanie Clark said...

Actaully I've never heard of Denver Doll Emporium. I will have to check it out. It would be nice if there was a doll shop in Edmonton. I saw a few nice Bjd's at the Edmonton doll show.. but they were all pretty much a thousand dollars or over.